To partner with governments, the private sector, other researchers and civil society, in order to undertake research on, monitor, and assess the potential impacts of climate change and to assess, develop and promote viable mitigation and adaptation options to better inform climate change policies and actions.
The Institute's main objectives are:
- understanding the magnitude and patterns of climate change and its impacts;
- evaluating the physical, economic and social implications;
- assessing mitigation and adaptation options and developing policy and business solutions;
- evaluating and strengthening educational and capacity-building strategies to address climate change; and
- communicating climate change issues to government, industry and the general public.